2017 restart!

Two ladies, Circular Quay, 1962

Hey, it's ten years later and I'm overhauling and updating the blog. In the time away, I've researched loads about old Sydney so now I'll put it to use. There's lots to come. 

Also, I'm currently fixing all the broken images caused by Photobucket's new scorched-earth business model. And, I've improved the website so now you can access all the existing fifty-seven posts, instead of just the thirteen that previously only showed.
Cheers. See you soon. 😊👍

Comments

  1. Hi,
    I followed a link off a comment in the City Hub about Sydney's demolished buildings, especially the T&G Building. I've only lived in Sydney for 20 years, & had never seen/heard of the T&G. So I googled it, & found your site. Good stuff! I would like to follow it, but you don't have a 'follow' link. Also a bit about yourself would be interesting.

    Growing up in Launceston in the early 1960s, the City Council had decided glass & steel were the latest look, probably encouraged by hungry developers. So whole rows of glorious late-Victorian/Federation houses were demolished, replaced by cheap hotels & motels. Fortunately similar houses along the hill in High St were untouched, as were the 1920s Arts & Crafts houses (probably owned by members of Council). I learned to love architecture through wandering the streets of my town & absorbing aspects of the built environment (before it was demolished & bowdlerised).

    ReplyDelete